When a pregnant woman has decided that adoption is the best choice for her and her baby, it is important that she chooses an agency that is a good match for her. Needing unplanned pregnancy help can seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. There are alternatives to abortion and we can help! When choosing an adoption agency as a birth mother, some important aspects to consider are the following:
- Is the agency local? Will I meet with an agency representative face to face to make an adoption plan?
- Does the agency have an office or will we meet in public locations to talk about placing baby for adoption?
- How long has the agency been in practice? Are they experienced in handling adoptions?
- Will I have my own case manager or will I share one with the adoptive parents?
- Are after care services available? Are they easily accessible?
- Can the agency provide references from previous clients?
- How quickly can I make an appointment?
- Are case managers available 24/7 in case of an emergency?
- What services will be provided during my pregnancy? Will I receive financial help for pregnancy adoption?
- Do they offer both open and closed adoptions?
- Do they have adoptive families living in-state and out-of-state for me to choose from when they help me find family for my baby?
- How do they handle communication after placement?
As a Co-Founder and Director of Building Arizona Families and AZ Pregnancy Help, and as an adoptee, I can say with the utmost pride, I believe our agency meets and exceeds expectations of birth mothers. We believe in women and their right to choose the type of adoption journey that is best for them and their unborn baby. We understand the sacred trust between a birth mother and her adoption agency. There is no area within our adoption agency or newborn program that is not exceeding in excellence. The questions I recommend to be asked when choosing an agency are vital to making your decision.
I would like to take the opportunity to answer the questions on behalf of our agency, Building Arizona Families / AZ Pregnancy Help:
- Yes, we are local adoption agency located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- We have an office located at 8433 N. Black Canyon Highway, Suite 152 Phoenix, AZ 85021. We are located in the Exodyne Business Park.
- We have been doing adoptions for almost 15 years. We are extremely experienced in handling adoptions; the founder and co-founder are two aspects of the adoption triad: adoptee and adoptive parent and many staff members are either adopted or have adopted. Our staff has various college degrees and a vast array of professional social work experience both in the adoption world and outside in the social work sector.
- You will have your own case manager. Your adoptive family will also have their own case manager.
- YES! We have an after-care program; The Donna K. Evans Foundation which is located in the office next to ours. You can visit the website; www.dkefoundation.com
- We can provide as many references as you would like.
- We can do same day appointments, day, night and weekend appointments as well. We can also provide transportation to our office.
- Case managers are always available 24/7 in case of an emergency, as well as the Agency Director.
- Living expenses may include, but are not limited to:
- Rent and Utilities
- Maternity Clothing
- Phone service
- And Much More
- We do offer both open and closed adoption, believing it is the birth mother’s choice.
- We have waiting adoptive families, both in-state and out-of-state.
- We use Child Connect for letters, pictures and communication after placement. They provide a service that
- Tracks and reminds families and agencies/attorneys when updates are due.
- Supports pictures, video, and update letters.
- Automatic printing and delivery of LifeBooks.
- Optional 4 x 6 prints to birth parents.
- Allows multiple connections to be established for both birth parents and adoptive parents
If you think we may be the best agency for you, the best thing to do is to call our 24 hour/7 day a week phone number at 623-695-4112 or our toll-free number, 1-800-340-9665.
We will answer any additional questions you may have and then schedule an appointment with one of our case workers. We can provide transportation to our office located off the I-17 access road and Northern, where we can begin assisting you with your adoption plan.
We look forward to seeing you soon!