Women dealing with an unplanned pregnancy in Arizona often wonder if there is an upside for them. Adoption seems to benefit the adoptive family and the baby, but what about you, the biological mother? Going through nine months of pregnancy, dealing with all of the pregnancy emotions and physical changes and the adoption process is a sacrifice on many levels for a pregnant woman.
Thoughts From Women Dealing With Unplanned Pregnancy in Arizona
Having supported countless women who are navigating unplanned pregnancies, we know that there are some common thought processes that may go through your head. They can include:
How the Adoptive Family Benefits From Adoption-
- Raise a child
- Become parents
- Fulfill their dreams
- Expand their family
Baby Benefits From Adoption-
- Stable life
- Desired lifestyle
- Financial advantages
How Does Adoption Benefit Biological Mothers?
Your next thought may be, “What about me?”. It’s a normal question, because most people are unaware of many ways adoption benefits the biological mother who places a baby for adoption. The beautiful process of adoption offers a tremendous upside for the biological mother that have the potential to be life changing. Some examples include:
- Breaking a negative life cycle
- Giving the gift of life
- Receiving aftercare services to improve life outcomes including education, employment, and increased financial stability
- Choosing the adoptive parent(s) for the baby
- Receiving assistance that covers expenses during pregnancy and immediately after (if qualified) for housing, medical, counseling, and other expenses
- Choosing open adoption if preferred to remain in your child’s life
- Being assured that the baby is being cared for how you would want your child raised
Choosing Adoption Creates Beauty In Many Lives
Adoption is a beautiful choice. It’s one only you can make. Life circumstances, external factors (such as family influence, your living situation, employment, education), and support are all aspects that influence your adoption choice.
Since the decision is yours, it’s important to understand the amount of control you will have over all of your adoption choices. Choices such as:
- Open or closed adoption
- If open adoption is chosen — the type of post-adoption communication
- The adoptive family
- Contact/interaction with the adoptive family before delivery
- How much support you wish to receive, including counseling services
- What you would like your delivery and hospital stay to entail
- How much time you would like to spend with the baby at the hospital
- And so much more
We Are Here to Help Women Dealing With Unplanned Pregnancy in Arizona
There is so much misunderstood information and a general lack of information regarding adoption. Be informed so you can make the best choice for you and your baby. We are here to help. So, if you are pregnant and are considering adoption, we are a licensed, full-service, non-profit Arizona adoption agency. We believe in adoption aftercare services and have a program on-site to provide continued support through the Donna K. Evans Foundation.
You can contact us 24/7 at (623) 695-4112 or please introduce yourself to us HERE. You are not alone, and we want to help, thank you for considering adoption!