Can you place a baby for adoption In Arizona if you are on a methadone program? Yes, absolutely! We have worked with many pregnant women who are undergoing Methadone Treatment and chose adoption as their choice. Regardless of whether you are looking into adoption because this was an unplanned pregnancy, your circumstances have changed, or you feel that parenting is not the right option for you – we can help!
We Provide a Safe and Non-Judgmental Environment For Your Adoption Journey
- We have seen a wide range of drugs used by pregnant women placing their baby for adoption in Arizona, including – but not limited to:
- Non-prescribed Xanax
- Non-prescribed painkillers: Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Percocet, Vicodin
Many of the pregnant women we work with are dealing with substance use issues. Please know that we are always non-judgmental. We do understand that addiction is a struggle and a very personal one.
Adoptive Families Are Willing and Excited to Love Your Baby, Regardless of Substance Exposure
A question we are often asked is: “Do we perform drug tests?” No, we do not drug test pregnant women who are considering placing their baby for adoption. We do ask if you are using substances so we can provide adoptive family profiles that are willing and able to adopt a baby that has been substance exposed.
We are not a drug treatment facility but are happy to provide community resource information. Our role as an adoption agency is to educate and assist with your adoption.
Many adoptive families educated regarding drug-exposed newborns are very open to adopting a baby that has been exposed to substances in-utero. Our adoptive families understand and accept any/all risks associated with prenatal substance exposure. Rest assured that your chosen adoptive family will love your baby unconditionally regardless of any medical issues that arise as a result of drug exposure.
We Are Here For You Every Step Of The Way When Placing A Baby For Adoption In Arizona
When considering adoption, it is important to know you are not alone. When contacting Building Arizona Families or AZ Pregnancy Help (two names – same agency), please know that we understand what a difficult decision you are making. Our goal is to support you. When you come to our office to learn more about adoption, we will further explain the adoption process and reassure you about the loving adoptive families we work with.
If you are pregnant and are considering placing a baby for adoption in Arizona, Building Arizona Families is a licensed, full-service, non-profit Arizona adoption agency. We genuinely care about the birth mothers we work with and want to help each one move forward into a positive life. We provide adoption aftercare services and have a program on-site to provide continued support through the Donna K. Evans Foundation. Support can include job training, help with going back to school, resume writing, access to our food and clothing pantry, and more.
If you are considering adoption for your unborn baby, we can absolutely help you. You can contact us 24/7 at (623) 695-4112. We hope you do!
- “The number of women with opioid use disorder at labor and delivery quadrupled from 1999-2014.” https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/substance-use-in-women
- “19.5 million females (or 15.4 percent) ages 18 or older have used illicit drugs in the past year.” https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/substance-use-in-women
- “Estimates suggest that about 5 percent of pregnant women use one or more addictive substances.” https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/substance-use-in-women/substance-use-while-pregnant-breastfeeding
- “If a pregnant woman attempts to suddenly stop using drugs and alcohol without medical help, she can put her fetus at risk.” https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/substance-use-in-women