As a local adoption agency in Arizona, we are diligently educating the rest of society about what adoption is today. We live in the modern world of adoption – not what it used to be. We encourage you to learn about the benefits of modern adoption agencies.
“Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.”
– Mahatma Gandhi
No one wants to be a part of a stereotyped group, especially one that is not always portrayed in a positive light. Other people’s perceptions, whether right or wrong, come from people who have not walked in your shoes. They have not lived your life or understand what you are going through.
Our Local Adoption Agency in Arizona Wants You To Stay True To Yourself
Placing a baby for adoption, regardless of what led you to an adoption decision, is a beautiful choice. You are the only person who can make the best decision for you and your baby. Don’t let anyone judge you, condemn you, or demean you for making a choice that you believe in. Stay strong, stay positive, and stay true to yourself.
Women from every aspect of life, race, religion, and age have all chosen adoption for their own reasons. Women who choose adoption include but are not limited to:
- College Students
- Married Women
- Working Women
- Homeless Women
- Women who don’t feel as though they are meant to be a mother
- Women who struggle with substance abuse
- Women who are financially struggling
Unfortunately, some movies have depicted birth mothers in a negative light, leading to incorrect stereotypes placed on some women who place their baby for adoption, such as:
- Drug addicts who are choosing drugs over their baby
- Homeless and unwilling to work to support their baby
- Selfish because they don’t want to be a parent
Correct stereotypes regarding women who place their baby for adoption are:
- Women who are struggling with substance use don’t want to expose their baby to their lifestyle any further
- Women who are homeless and struggling mentally and physically don’t want their baby to experience that life
- Women who are unselfish because they understand and accept their own limitations believe their baby will have a better life with an adoptive family
- Women who are struggling financially and don’t want their baby to suffer hardship. These women understand that by choosing adoption, they are ensuring their baby will have opportunities that they are unable to provide.
AZ Pregnancy Help Strives To Make Our Birthmothers Feel Strong And Supported
Believe in yourself and your decision. Only you, define you! Don’t let anyone place you or your choice in a box. Have faith in yourself and your decision. So, if you are pregnant and are considering adoption or want to find out more about adoption, reach out HERE! We are a licensed, full-service, non-profit, local adoption agency in Arizona, visit us HERE. We believe in adoption aftercare services to help birth mothers get on the road to a positive, productive life through the Donna K. Evans Foundation. You can contact us 24/7 at (623) 695-4112. You are not alone, and we want to help. Thank you for considering adoption!
“What other people think of you is none of your business.”
– Regina Brett