Often, adoptive parents don’t get the opportunity to speak to the birth parents before choosing an adoptive family and creating an Arizona adoption plan. The adoptive family’s profile is presented, along with others, and the adoptive family is on the other side, waiting to be chosen.
Adoptive Parents Want to Share Their Thoughts and Feelings with Birth Parents
Prior to the adoptive family being chosen, they create a profile book about their family and include pictures, biographies, and stories about each other. Even with their profile book, there is more they want to convey to the birth parents. Here are statements from adoptive families we hear:
- Our book is just a reflection of us, and we are so much more than what the book reflects.
- We are not as photogenic as we would like to be, but given a chance to get to know us, you will see the beauty in our souls.
- Please know that we will honor and respect your wishes for your child, and no book can convey the love we have.
- We have never put a book together before, and did the best we could. Regardless of how many hours we poured into our book, no amount of hours would be enough. We wanted our book to look perfect, but realize that no book is perfect enough for the gift you are giving.
- Please know that we are waiting for your decision, and we are excited and nervous.
- We would never judge you or your decision, and we look at you as the most significant person, making the most significant decision.
- Thank you for considering us.
Adoptive Parents and Birth Parents Share Similar Feelings When Meeting for the First Time
After birth parents have chosen a family, a phone call or visit with the adoptive family will take place as part of your Arizona adoption plan. Sometimes we use Skype or FaceTime to communicate. The call or visit is arranged and attended by the adoption agency. Birth parents are often nervous, excited, and sometimes really anxious. Adoptive parents are experiencing all of the same emotions as you! They would love for you to know:
- They changed their outfit a few times as well.
- They are worried you won’t like them or think they look different from their pictures.
- They have discussed this moment for a long time before even being chosen.
- They have tons of family members and friends who are so excited for them and are waiting to hear more.
- They are so grateful for you, for this opportunity, and are pleased to be chosen.
Your Arizona Adoption Plan Is Created To Make Everyone Happy and Comfortable
There are options adoptive parents and birth parents choose, so that everyone is comfortable with the Arizona adoption plan. Adoptive families and birth parents who choose to have an open adoption can form a fantastic relationship. These relationships can become lifelong and are often cherished by both parties. Acceptance, respect, commitment, and grace on both sides are four aspects that increase the solidity and solidarity of the relationship.
Choosing adoption means you have the support, aftercare, and access to financial resources you need to give your baby the gift of life and a happy future. Adoption is a beautiful choice and one that is becoming a more popular choice.
If you are pregnant and are considering adoption, we are a non-profit, full-service, licensed Arizona adoption agency. We believe in adoption aftercare services and have a program on-site to provide continued support through the Donna K. Evans Foundation. You can contact us 24/7 at (623) 695-4112. You are not alone, and we want to help. Thank you for considering adoption, you are making an amazing choice. Visit us HERE to introduce yourself and start your Arizona adoption plan today!