In these unusual times, we are experiencing many highs and lows. We can get lost in the negative thoughts – the loss of jobs, the lack of toilet paper, the downward spiral of our economy, and the potential of contracting the Coronavirus or losing a loved one. Our local adoption agency is still working hard, helping women experiencing a crisis pregnancy in Arizona. During the COVID-19 pandemic, birth mothers continue their adoption journeys and are making a difference with their selfless decision to give the gift of life to their unborn child.
Adoption Always Makes a Positive Difference, Even in Times of Crisis
When we experience unfamiliar times in life, sometimes the lows can stop us from seeing the good times of life, the highs. When experiencing these unprecedented times, low times do not need to control how we think and feel; instead, we focus on the positives to make the difficult days better. People all over the world have stepped up to tremendously helped others in need. Think of the ways these countries came together in a time of need and support:
- Switzerland’s famed Matterhorn mountain was illuminated with an American flag for a few hours as a symbol of solidarity during the coronavirus pandemic on 4/17/2020.
- South Korea has mailed the United States Covid-19 tests.
- China is donating masks and protective gear.
- The world is becoming more “united” in our fight against the pandemic.
- We recognize and show due respect for the frontline workers and realize the value in occupations that may not usually be appreciated: nurses, teachers, grocery store workers, and so many more.
Women experiencing a crisis pregnancy in Arizona that choose the gift of life through adoption will also experience unfamiliar territory. For example, when it is time to make an adoption plan with her adoption caseworker, she is reminded of how real her adoption choice is, and it makes choosing a bright future for her unborn child more tangible.
Other ways the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted birth mothers include what their choices are regarding their time in the hospital. Many birth mothers do not think about this aspect until we take time to discuss the details. Before the pandemic, hospital plans looked very different. At the hospital, a birth mother was able to make decisions about who she wanted in the room during labor & delivery, where the baby would stay after delivery, and how much contact she and her baby would have with the adoptive family at the hospital. Discharge plans would be either be discharged at the same time and leave the hospital together or discharge at separate times. Right now, the number of people at the hospital is limited for safety precautions. A birth mother’s hospital plan is necessarily different due to the Covid-19 pandemic, but that doesn’t mean it will be a negative experience.
Some positives of creating a hospital plan right now are-
- In most Arizona hospitals, a birth mother can have one support person. If a birth mother is showing symptoms of the Coronavirus, this may not be a possibility. The limitation of visitors can be a positive thing because a birth mother can choose the support person who is a supporter of her adoption choice, eliminating visits from family members or friends expressing negativity about her adoption choice.
- Due to Arizona hospitals’ occupancy and safety precautions, an adoptive family is not currently able to obtain a nesting room. Because of this, the birth mother doesn’t need to decide if the baby stays with the adoptive parents when not with her or in the nursery.
- If a birth mother is showing any Coronavirus symptoms, she will most likely be tested while she is in the hospital.
- Nurses and doctors, while usually very nice and compassionate, maybe even more so during this trying time – going the extra mile for our brave birth mothers who are choosing adoption.
- We live in a time where many of us have access to cell phones with great cameras and video chat. Birth mothers are still able to share pictures of their baby and communicate with friends and family on their own terms.
Our Local Adoption Agency Appreciates the Selflessness of Women Experiencing Crisis Pregnancies in Arizona and Choosing Adoption
This time is tough for many of us, but we can unite and focus on the positives rather than allowing the negatives to change our outlook. Our Arizona adoption agency is here for you when you need us and ready to walk with you on your adoption journey when experiencing a crisis pregnancy in Arizona. Saving a baby’s life through adoption is always a courageous decision and should be celebrated, even in the challenging times we are currently experiencing.
If you are dealing with an unplanned crisis pregnancy in Arizona and want more information about adoption, we are a local, licensed Arizona adoption agency ready to serve you. We are available 24/7 by phone or text at (623) 695-4112. We can make an immediate appointment with you to get to know you, give you more information, and if you are ready, start creating an Arizona Adoption Plan. Call or text any time. If you would like, you can introduce yourself to us HERE. We look forward to meeting you and finding out how we can help you during this challenging time!