How can we be a part of helping adoption to become an option that more people consider? One way we can help is to become better educated ourselves so that we can share the facts about adoption with others. There is still a great deal of misunderstanding about adoption, as well as stereotypes that need to be changed. As people grow in understanding about adoption, respect, and appreciation for women’s Arizona adoption choice will grow.
Our Arizona Adoption Agency is Working to Educate Society About Adoption
At Building Arizona Families, we believe that adoption is a beautiful choice for women experiencing unplanned and crisis pregnancies. Adoption is a respectable choice and one that a woman can be proud of. A woman experiencing a crisis pregnancy courageously chooses life for her unborn child, regardless of personal difficulty. Our local Arizona adoption agency strives to support any woman experiencing a crisis pregnancy who chooses adoption in Arizona.
It is important for people to understand that birth mothers love their babies. The choice to seek an adoptive family is made when birth mothers want what is best for their babies instead of what is best for themselves.
Some challenges that birth mothers face that people may not realize are:
- There may be little to zero support from friends or family members.
- Birth mothers often struggle with drug use and homelessness.
- Birth mothers may have been in foster care and have no family members in her life.
- Birth mothers may have been physically or sexually abused.
- This may not be the first baby placed for adoption by this birth mother, increasing their sense of shame.
- Birth mothers are very afraid of being judged for their adoption choice.
- Birth mothers may struggle during their adoption journey, and it’s important to understand the challenges when-
- Attending an OBGYN appointment
- Explaining their adoption choice
- Choosing an adoptive family
- Making an adoption plan
- Reviewing adoption consent paperwork before labor and delivery
- The birth of their baby
- Leaving the hospital
- Saying goodbye to their baby
- Birth mothers may experience bittersweet moments during their adoption journey when-
- Seeing an ultrasound of their baby
- Feeling their baby move
- Attending adoption counseling
- Sharing their adoption story with others
- Seeing pictures of their baby growing up
Building Arizona Families Supports Women Who are Experiencing a Crisis Pregnancy
Celebrating adoption as a choice for unplanned pregnancies is a positive way to show your support for our adoption community. Understanding adoption truths allow facts to surface and myths to dissolve. It takes a village to raise a child and a nation to support adoption. Can you be an advocate for adoption as a positive option?
Choosing adoption through Building Arizona Families means birth mothers have the emotional support, access to adequate food, clothing, shelter, and medical care, and aftercare services they need to give their baby the best opportunity for a positive future.
Adoption is a beautiful choice and one that is growing in societal acceptance and popularity. If you are pregnant and are considering adoption, we are a licensed, full-service, non-profit Arizona adoption agency. We believe in adoption aftercare services to help you move forward with education, job skills, and more to give you a fresh start for your future. Our on-site aftercare services are provided through the Donna K. Evans Foundation.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you are experiencing a crisis pregnancy. You can contact us 24/7 at (623) 695-4112 or introduce yourself to us HERE. You are not alone, and we want to help! Thank you for considering adoption, you are making an amazing, courageous, and loving choice. Call or text: (623) 695-4112 and visit us HERE.